city at night

city at night

Friday, January 18, 2019

On to Mexico City

On Monday it was time for all of us to bid farewell to Mérida, the lovely capital of the state of Yucatán.  Meredith and Chuck were flying home to the cold in Wisconsin, and Alejandro and I were headed to Mexico City.  Both of our flights left in the morning, so we took a taxi together to Mérida's airport where we had breakfast and said goodbye to each other.


Alejandro and I flew on Interjet, a Mexican airline, which, as I have written before, is much more comfortable than airlines in the U.S.  (Legroom!)




It is a short flight from Mérida to Mexico City, and before long we were making our descent.  It´s not a very good photo, but here you can see the two volcanoes peeking up above the clouds as we approach the city.



So now I am in Mexico City for over a month.  I spent a couple nights at Alejandro´s family´s house before going to the condo that I rent.  The weather is a big change from Mérida.  Instead of high temperatures in the 80s, here we are lucky if the temperature gets up to 70.  But of course, my readers who are shivering up north will have no sympathy at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment