city at night

city at night

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Tis the Season


(image taken from the web)

The calendar says that it is early September.  The temperature is forecast to hit 91F today, and it feels like the middle of August.  Nevertheless, it is time to work on this year's Christmas card.  As always, I am painting a picture to use for my card, and I am presently about half-way done with the painting.  I usually scan the picture to my computer, and then print the cards myself at home.  This year, however, I am planning to make life easier, and take the completed painting to a professional printer.  A friend of mine, who is an artist, recommended a printing company.  They will print the card inside and out, fold the cards, and even provide envelopes.  That will save me a whole bunch of time!

It has always been a bit of a crunch to get my Christmas cards ready before I leave on my October / November trip to Mexico.  I take the cards with me, and during my free moments I make them out.  By the time I return home just before Thanksgiving, my cards are ready to send.

So what is the subject of the painting for this year's card?  That is always a secret until the cards have been mailed, so you will have to wait until December to see.  


No comments:

Post a Comment