from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Ordering My New Harley


(Image taken from the web)

I usually don't shop online, but yesterday I made an exception, and I went to the Harley-Davidson website.  No, I am not a member of a motorcycle gang.  I do not even own a motorcycle.  In fact I have only been on a motorcycle once in my life, and that was quite enough for me.

However, whenever I travel, my wallet of choice is a biker wallet... you know, the kind that has a chain that attaches to the belt.  I bought one of those wallets at least twenty five years ago at a Harley-Davidson store, and it has served me very well.  I feel as if I am safer from pickpockets with that kind of wallet.  I am sure that there are some dexterous masters of the art who could deftly relieve me of my billfold, but probably most would see the chain and decide to go for easier pickings.  I have walked the Ramblas of Barcelona and been crammed in the Mexico City subway, and, knock on wood, I have never had my pocket picked.  

After so many years, my wallet is starting to show its age.


The stitching on the decorative, brown leather panel with the Harley-Davidson logo is coming loose.  The wallet is still serviceable, but I decided it was time to buy a new one.  Thus I went onto the internet to shop.  Most of the biker wallets are larger than the standard men's billfold.  That is the reason I was hanging on so long to the wallet I have... it fits nicely into my pants pocket without sticking out.  

I did a Google search of "biker wallets with chain", and it led me to various online shops.  I saw a couple possibilities, but then I went to the Harley-Davidson website.  There I found the wallet I wanted.  It was quite expensive, but I figured if it lasts as long as my old one, it is worth it.  



In about a week I will have my brand-new traveling wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment