from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Return Home

On Thursday I returned home after a month in Mexico.

For some unexplained reason I had been upgraded to first class on my flight from Mexico City to Houston, so that was very pleasant.  Upon my arrival in Houston, immigration and customs went very quickly and smoothly.  I passed through immigration, picked up my checked suitcase, went through customs, and rechecked my bag to Cleveland in around fifteen minutes.  The line going back through security was not especially long, however the only annoyance of the whole procedure occurred there.  I had put my wristwatch in the pocket of my jacket which I put in one of the bins.  After passing through security I could not find my watch.  The TSA fellow looked through the bins and checked the X-ray belt but could not find it either.  I don't know what happened.  It was my favorite watch, but fortunately it was not an extremely expensive watch.  My flight to Cleveland went smoothly and I arrived home early.

I already have made my reservations for my next trip to Mexico.  I will be leaving on April 4th.  I am going to try something different on my next flight.  I written here about how much I like the Mexican airline Interjet.  I have flown with them on a number of flights within Mexico. There is plenty of legroom and there is no charge for checked luggage.  Rather than fly the entire way to Mexico on United, I am going to take United to Chicago, but then take Interjet's afternoon flight from Chicago to Mexico City.  The fare was a bit more expensive, but cheaper than if I were to pay for United's Economy Plus which has comparable legroom.  The only downside is that I will not be able to check my luggage all the way to Mexico City.  In Chicago I will have to pick up my suitcase, recheck it at the Interjet desk, and go back through security.  However the schedule works out so that I will have ample time in Chicago to do that.  We'll see if I prefer that itinerary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment