city at night

city at night

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Seven Years of Ornaments

In my last post I wrote about the Christmas ornaments which I made to take to friends in Chicago.  I do this every year, and it was getting to the point where I could not remember what designs which I had done for them.

My friends go all out decorating their apartment each Christmas, and they have such a huge collection that every year the décor is a little different.  This year they pulled out all the ornaments that I had made.  They didn't put them on the tree but incorporated them into other holiday displays.



 
I have made ornaments for the past seven years.  I took a photo of one of the decorations from each of those seven sets.









Two of the years I took clear glass decorations, squirted different colors of paint inside and swirled it around until it created a nice pattern.


I asked my friend if he was getting tired of receiving ornaments each year.  He said, "No!  One of these days we will have enough to decorate the entire tree with just your hand-painted designs."

Now that I have taken these pictures, I have an inventory of what I have done, and I will be able to come up with different ornaments in future years.

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that your friends appreciate your great talent and creativity! I think I like the red/pink swirled one best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. Those swirly decorations in which I pour some paint inside a glass ornament are sort of hit or miss... I never know how they will turn out. I also have to put them in the oven, because otherwise the paint would never dry.

      Delete