from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Getting Ready for Another Trip

After spending Christmas with family in Columbus, it is now time to get ready for another trip to Mexico.  I will leave on January 4th for Mérida, Yucatán. 




Accompanying me will be my cousin Gail and her husband Wes.  Although they have traveled extensively, this will be their first trip to Mexico.  They will spend four days with me in Mérida.  I have played "tour guide" there numerous times (I have chronicled several of those trips in this blog), but I never tire of introducing friends to this beautiful city.  Everyone that I have taken to the Yucatán has fallen in love with the place, and I hope that Gail and Wes will too.

According to the weather forecast, they will definitely escape the Ohio winter and experience tropical weather.  The high temperature will be hovering around 90 degrees while they are there.   

After they return home, I will spend a few extra days in Mérida, and then I will fly to Mexico City.


I will spend three weeks there and stay at the same vacation rental where I have stayed on several previous trips.  This visit to Mexico City will be rather different from others however.  I will spend much of my time apartment hunting.  It is my plan to become a "semi-ex-pat", and spend half the year in Mexico City.  We will see if I can find a place that I like at a good price.

Time for me to get back to packing my bags.  Hasta pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment