city at night

city at night

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Box of Decorations

This weekend I will fly to Chicago to attend the annual Christmas party of friends of mine there.  I always make a half dozen Christmas tree decorations as a gift for them.  I have done this for several years, and it is getting difficult to remember just what designs I have done for them.  So, this year I did something different.  I bought some white paint pens, and entirely covered six dark blue bulbs with intricate curlicue patterns.

Last night I finished the last one, and here they are...


A little game that they can play is to try to find my initials on each bulb.  It is visible on one of the balls in this photo.  Can you find it?

8 comments:

  1. YES! I am more then impressed. What a clever idea. You have an artistic as well as steady hand....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty! Looks like lots of work.
    ...Is it the middle left bulb?!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. They did take more time than my usual ornaments in which I paint a small picture on the front. You are correct... the middle left bulb has my initials.

      Delete
  3. Those are spectacular! I can't imagine how you accomplished 6 of these, so meticulously done. Your friends will love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. They aren't that difficult to do, although they do require a bit of time.

      Delete
  4. I found the initials! Bill, you ARE an artist and these pieces are uniquely beautiful. What a great gift for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gtacias, Tino. They actually don't require a huge amount of artistic talent... they are just elaborate doodling. But I am pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete