city at night

city at night

Friday, January 22, 2016

Going out for Breakfast

One of the most popular breakfast spots in the Condesa neighborhood where I am staying is a long established bakery / café / restaurant called Maque.  They serve lunch and dinner as well as breakfast.  A couple nights ago Alejandro and I went there for supper, and we had a delicious meal.  Usually I make myself breakfast here in the apartment, but yesterday I decided to go back to Maque.


Even though it was a weekday, the place was crowded.  There were tables available outside on the sidewalk, but none inside.  There were people eating outside, but it was still chilly, probably less than 50 degrees.  So I choose to wait for about twenty minutes for a table inside.



 All of the breads and pastries are baked here.  


I began my breakfast with hot chocolate and a couple of pieces of "pan dulce".


I then ordered "chilaquiles" with chicken and fried egg.


It was a tasty breakfast and worth the wait! 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, those chilaquiles would have gone cold if you had eaten outside. Otherwise, it looks like a perfectly charming sidewalk for a quick breakfast -- or a leisurely breakfast, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention my hot chocolate!
      Well, pictures can be deceiving. What my pictures don't show is that right behind me there was a garbage truck on the street, and the workers were sorting through the refuse.
      ¡Saludos!

      Delete