city at night

city at night

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Winding down

Today is my last full day in Mexico.  My flight to Houston leaves at 9 A.M. tomorrow, so Alejandro will drive me to the airport around 6:30 in the morning.  I'll have a three hour layover in Houston, and then arrive in Cleveland around 6:30 P.M.

The temperature in Cleveland right now is 9 degrees Fahrenheit (with a wind chill of 0 degrees).  The high today will be 14, and the low tonight will be 1 degree.  Brrrrrrrr.  However, tomorrow for my return, the temperature will be moderating; the high is supposed to get up to 30!  For the end of next week, they are forecasting a balmy 46!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I missed the worst of the winter, but I know very well that we aren't out of the woods until midway into March.  Heck, we've been known to have snow in April!

Here in Mexico City, where the skies have been sunny and the high temperatures have been in the mid-70s, things have been winding down for me for the past several days.  On Sunday we drove to Alejandro's parents' house and had dinner there.  On Sunday evening we went to a nearby movie theater and saw "Philomena", an excellent film starring one of my favorite actresses, Judi Dench.  Yesterday I stayed in the apartment most of the day and did some laundry.  In the evening we walked to a nearby restaurant that we like called "Buena Tierra." Today I'm trying to get up the motivation to pack my bags.

It's been a long trip... 41 days.  The time I spent in Mérida seems a long time ago, and yet the trip has flown by.

Thanks to you who have been following my adventures.  But check back on the blog from time to time, because I will continue writing some posts about trips I made in past years.

¡Hasta luego! 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your blogs. I am on my way to Mexico on the 19th so it was very interesting to follow your journey. Bon Voyage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed my blog. I am now home in Ohio where there is snow on the ground and the temperature is 14 F. Brrrr.
      Have a great time on your trip to Mexico.
      ¡Saludos!

      Delete
  2. Safe travels! I feel like my vacation is over, too, now that I have one less person to travel vicariously with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee. I just arrived home a short while ago. It's 14 F here in Ohio... but that's better than some of the temperatures that they had earlier.
      Check back with the blog from time to time because I will do some posts on previous trips that I have taken.
      Saludos,
      Bill

      Delete
  3. I'll second Lee's comment. We've been living the horror of New England winter while you've been gallivanting around Mexico. Though I spent three pleasant weeks in California around Christmas, it seems like a distant memory now.

    Let's hope for all our sake that the worst is over.

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Boston, MA
    Where 41 days in Mexico sounds like PARADISE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. It was a great trip. I'm hoping that winter will soon be loosening its grip.
      Saludos,
      Bill

      Delete
  4. It's a whiteout right now, and working for a newspaper, I'm kind of expected to report to work. Today, Paul said "I wish we were living in Merida now." I'll second that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in Ohio, at least the sun is shining. Drive safely if you have to go out in that mess.

      Delete