city at night

city at night

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

The "Pendejo" and the "CINO"

Etiquette requires that the topics of politics and religion should not be discussed in polite conversation.  However, if you have followed my blog, you know that every once in a while I say "etiquette be damned", I stray from the topic of travel, and I rant about the tweeting, orange "Pendejo".  Today I will commit a double breach of etiquette.

The impeachment inquiry has sent the "Pendejo" into a frenzy.  He has said that the whistleblower's informants are like spies, and you know how we dealt with spies in the "good old days".  Yeah, the wanna-be dictator would love to be able to send his enemies to the gallows.  He has accused Congressman Adam Schiff of treason.  Anyone who is against him is a traitor... so I guess that more than half of the nation's population is treasonous.

Then he tweeted that if he is removed from office, there would be a civil war-like fracture from which the country would never recover.   Hmmm... it seems to me that that comment is grounds for impeachment in itself.  Not only is he threatening the impeachment committee with dire consequences, but he is giving tacit approval to his supporters to rebel if he is removed from office. 

The "Pendejo" was quoting Robert Jeffress, the leader of a mega-church in Texas.  (I refuse to dignify him with the title of "Reverend".)  Jeffress is an avid fan of the "Pendejo", and has said that any Christian who does not support the orange tweeter is a moron.

It has long baffled me how any person who claims to be a devout Christian can support that corrupt, morally bankrupt man.  Conservatives have long used the acronym "RINO" (Republican in name only) to deride members of the party that they view as too moderate.  Well, I think that from now on I will refer to Jeffress and his ilk as "CINO"s... Christians in name only! 

4 comments: