zocalo

zocalo

Friday, February 9, 2024

Now Hanging on the Wall

I am still in the process of decorating my apartment.  There are two more pictures now hanging on my bedroom wall.

I showed you some time ago the large painting that is hanging over the bed.


I bought this original painting some years ago on a visit to Mérida, Yucatán, at an outdoor art market.  It is by a local artist by the name of Luis Coral.  I had it shipped home, and it hung in my bedroom in Ohio.  Then, when I made the move to Mexico, it was one of the things that I had shipped down here.

I had a couple of smaller prints by the same artist.  One was already framed, the other I had framed at a shop here in Mexico City.  They are now also hanging on my bedroom wall.  (For the print to the left, I think that the artist used the same models as for the large painting.)



I love his work and would really like some more of his prints to hang in the apartment.  However, when I try to do a Google search, I cannot find him even though his artwork seemed to be quite popular in Mérida.  When I do an image search, the only thing picture I can find is a photo I took and posted on the blog nine years ago.


Whatever happened to Luis Coral?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment