zocalo

zocalo

Friday, October 6, 2023

Triply Jabbed

 

(image taken from the internet)

Last week I had an appointment to get my COVID shot for this year at a nearby Walgreens.  (I had earlier asked at my regular pharmacy, but they did not at that point have the new shots.) In the past I had always received the Moderna vaccine, but this pharmacy only had Pfizer.  While I was at it, I also got my flu shot, a high potency shot for senior citizens.  In the past I have never had a reaction to any shots, but after I had made the appointment, I thought that perhaps my timing was not good.  The next day I was going to take a short trip to Chicago, and I hoped that the Pfizer shot did not make me feel sick.  Fortunately, there was no reaction other than slight soreness to the touch at the site of the injection.

Then, earlier this week, I was at my regular pharmacy to pick up a prescription.  I asked them if they had the new RSV vaccine.  When they said "yes", I asked if an appointment was needed.  They said "no", so I waited a few minutes and got that shot.  There was no reaction to that one either.

So, now I have had all my shots for this autumn prior to my move to Mexico.  I have a feeling that I might need to make a trip north of the border each fall.  Alejandro tells me that the COVID shots being administered down there are the vaccines from Cuba and Russia, and, as far as he knows, they do not have the high potency flu shots.  It may also be necessary to get an annual booster for RSV.   

  

4 comments:

  1. Just received 5 vaccines (medicare covered) Tdap, Rsv, Prevnar 20, Senior flu and covid. Walgreens offers 4 shots at once. Very little soreness. Hopefully will keep me kickin. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had no reaction to the shots. I previously had the pneumonia shot (if I remember correctly from my doctor, that one is good for life), and I had a tetanus shot last year when I had a nasty cut while pruning plants in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told the pneumonia shot was only good for 5 years. So glad you got the tetanus shot as it protects you against whooping cough which nearly killed me 14 years ago and is now rampant in many schools to the point that teachers are required to get shot! Babs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize that whooping cough was such a problem in the schools. I guess we can thank the "anti-vaxers" for that.

      Delete