zocalo

zocalo

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

A New Place for Breakfast

Before departing for Mexico, I was looking at my Mexico City neighborhood on Google Maps, and I found a few new restaurants.  On Saturday, Alejandro and I tried one of them out for breakfast.

The place has the rather unusual name of "Dulce Madera" (Sweet Wood).  It has received good reviews, and it is just a three-minute walk from the apartment.


The restaurant makes its own breads and pastries.  I tried something called a "cruffin", a cross between a croissant and a muffin. 


It was really good and very rich.  You could tell that they used a lot of butter to make it.

We both were intrigued by one of the more unusual items on the menu... a goat cheese omelet cover with a sauce made from beets. 

It was very interesting, although I wouldn't necessarily order it again.  There are more conventional items on the breakfast menu.  I will put "Dulce Madera" on my list of breakfast places to take friends when they come to visit me in Mexico City.

No comments:

Post a Comment