city at night

city at night

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Another Bed

It's that time of year when my readers must wonder if this is a travel blog or a gardening blog.  When I return from my spring trip to Mexico, it is always a race to complete my gardening before I take off again.  It usually takes until the end of June before everything is the way I want it.  The extremely rainy weather this spring is not helping.  Last week I finished another flower bed, this one to the side of the garage.  This entire bed was redone a few years ago when I removed several overgrown shrubs.  Much of it has filled in very nicely.



To the right you can see the yellow flowers of the first clump of day lilies that blooms each spring.  Behind that you can see a few blossoms from another clump of Siberian iris.  In the center, the lilac bush has already bloomed.  (The fragrance was wonderful while it lasted.)  Behind it is a spirea that is about ready to bloom.  


I mentioned in an earlier post that I had bought some bearded iris.  Here is one that I just planted in that bed.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I used to have hundreds and hundreds, literally of day lilies. For some reason, I cannot get them to grow in SMA and have given up hope. But I love the cheery colors of them so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange since they are not fussy plants. I have seen day lilies in Mexico.

      Delete