city at night

city at night

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Spring Has Sprung

While I was in Mexico for most a the month of April, I heard from friends back in Ohio that the weather there was lousy.  I looked back at the statistics, and the month was rather schizophrenic.  There were a few days where the temperature climbed into the 70s, but there were also days where the temperature never made it out of the 30s.

Then on the first of May there began a string of six days with highs in the 80s or upper 70s.  Suddenly everything began to sprout.  My garden looked very different from when I left in early April, and we were still struggling to escape winter.

Today was a beautiful, sunny day with a high of 81 degrees Fahrenheit.  I went outside and I began to on my flower beds... a project which will continue through May and June.  I started cleaning up one of the beds in the front yard where the creeping phlox is in full bloom.



Tomorrow it is supposed to rain, but I can say that my gardening work has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment