city at night

city at night

Monday, September 14, 2015

Final Post from Madrid

I have written some negative comments about dining experiences on this trip, but I am happy to report that my final meal in Spain was very good.

I went to a little restaurant just a stone's throw from my cousin's place called "Casa Perico".  Yes, the menu includes many things I don't care for (shellfish, tripe), but there were also a lot of tempting items on the menu.

I started with one of my favorite Spanish dishes, "pisto", which is a Spanish version of ratatouille.  This restaurant added a fried egg on top as a special touch.  Very tasty!



For my main course I had "albóndigos a la andaluza".  The English menu at the entrance described it as "smashed meatballs in a Andalucian sauce".  The sauce was made from peppers, saffron and almonds.  It was very good also.  (Yes, I know that meatball is spelled "albóndiga" with an "a", but for some reason this was spelled with an "o".)
 


For dessert I had "natillas" which is similar to creme brulee.  Yummy!


An excellent meal, and a restaurant to visit again on my next trip to Madrid!

My flight back to the United States leaves tomorrow morning at 11:35.
Now it is time to say...

 ¡Adiós, España!
¡Adiós, Madrid!



 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful photos. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. I am now at home after a long day of travel.
      ¡Saludos!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the culinary portion of your trip ended on a high note!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exploring new places is wonderful, but there is always the question of "Where do I go to eat?" I'm sure that good food is to be found in Burgos and León... I just didn't have good luck.
      ¡Saludos!

      Delete
  3. I'll second Barbara; lovely nighttime shots!

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Boston, MA
    Where we love photographing at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I was quite pleased with the way they turned out.

      Delete