city at night

city at night

Monday, September 14, 2015

Family Time

Regular readers may recall that I have a cousin from the Swiss side of my family who lives in Madrid.  When I arrived in Madrid two weeks ago, cousin Werner and his husband Manuel were in Switzerland.  Luckily, they were both at home yesterday, and I was able to spend the day with them.  I say luckily because lately Werner has been out of town a great deal.  He is the owner of a small translation business, and he frequently has assignments in various cities throughout Europe.  He is also renting out the old family home in Switzerland as a vacation rental, so he goes back often to prepare the house for tenants.  On Saturday, he returned from a trip to Barcelona, and tomorrow he will fly to Switzerland and then on to Munich. 

Their apartment is a five minute walk from my hotel.  I went over there around noon, and I just hung out at  their place all day.   We talked and talked at times in Spanish (especially in Manuel's presence) and at times in English (Werner is fluent in four languages).  In the evening Werner fixed a tasty supper for us.  It was 11:00 PM before we finally said good night, and I walked back to my hotel.

I was great to see Werner and Manuel again, and nice to have a relaxing day just sitting around at their place.

Today is my last full day in Madrid.  Tomorrow I fly home.  It seems that my two weeks in Spain have flown by!

No comments:

Post a Comment