city at night

city at night

Friday, December 12, 2014

A Day at the Hospital

Yesterday my friend Alejandro was scheduled for surgery.  The operation was at a newly-built hospital in the southern Mexico City district of Coyoacán.  I met the surgeon and he seemed not only very competent and professional but also very caring.  I am happy to report that the surgery went well.  Alejandro will have to take it easy for a couple of weeks, but everything is fine.  A great Christmas present for him, and his family, as well as for me and his many friends.

4 comments:

  1. Glad it all went well. And, if one must meet the surgeon, it is always rather nice for him or her to turn out to be competent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, obviously competence is the most important thing... but I was also impressed by how much he seemed to care about his patients. He came to talk with Alejandro several times before and after the operation.

      Delete