zocalo

zocalo

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Halloween is Coming

 It seems that each year the decorations for Halloween become more and more elaborate and appear earlier and earlier.  These photos were taken while I took a walk around my neighborhood a couple weeks ago.


This skeletal bride and groom locked in an embrace reminded me of Mexico, where there is always a group dressed as newlyweds in the Day of the Dead parade in Mexico City.



This decoration most definitely shows Mexican Day of the Dead influence.





















If all goes according to schedule, I will have moved to Mexico before Halloween arrives.  I will be there in time to celebrate the Day of the Dead.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, these all look familiar. Gonna miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this Gail? Or perhaps Sheila? Either way, I'll miss you too.

      Delete
  2. We are flabbergasted at the money spent on Halloween decor, fun as it is. And where do people store all that stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It seems that Halloween now rival Christmas for the amount of outdoor decorations. Those gigantic skeletons are cool, but, yes, where do people store them?

      Delete