zocalo

zocalo

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Breakfast with a Blogger

You might remember that earlier this year I met a fellow blogger, Scott, whose blog "Gringo Potpourri" appears on my blog list.  Scott has traveled the globe, but one of his favorite places in the world is Mexico City where he lived for almost a year.  We had been reading each other's blogs for quite a while, and last April one of my trips to Mexico coincided with his return to the city after an absence of six years.  We finally had a chance to meet face-to-face.

Scott is an avid hiker and had been planning to visit the Cuyahoga National Park here in Ohio.  He was staying in nearby Strongsville, just a 20-minute drive from me.  With my upcoming move to Mexico, I was too busy to play "tour guide" for him, but we did have a chance to have breakfast together yesterday.  We met at "Bob Evans", a popular chain of restaurants based in Ohio.  

(Photo kindly taken by our waitress)

Even though the weather had been chilly and cloudy for his hike, he enjoyed our national park. We hope to see each other again... next time in Mexico City!

(Scott is also a budding author, and his first novel will be published next month.  Scott, be sure to let me know, and I will plug your book when it come out!)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Bill!

    It was great seeing you and checking out Cuyahoga Valley National Park and the impressive Cleveland Museum of Art. My next visit to the Cleveland area will hopefully be during warmer, sunnier weather.

    Safe travels and all my best for a smooth move. Oh...and as of now, "Displaced - Part One" comes out November 14th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scott. And the best of luck on your novel!

    ReplyDelete