from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Mission Not Yet Accomplished



Last Tuesday the workers finished putting the siding on the house... well, sort of.  One of the workers was going to come back and put in a new wooden frame around the garage door before covering it with vinyl.  He was also going to walk around the house with me so I could point out anything with which I might be dissatisfied.  And I do have a few small complaints that need to be addressed.  Another crew also has to come out and put up the gutters and downspouts.  A week has now passed, and none of this has happened.  If they don't show up in the next couple of days, I am going to have to call the owner to see what's going on.  Fortunately, this is not some fly-by-night company.   The owner lives down the street from me, and they put on a new roof several years ago, and they clean my gutters every year. 

While they were doing the front of the house, they gave me some bad news.  Part of the wooden frame around the picture window in the living room is rotten.  That is a job that they are not qualified to do.  The owner was going to put me in contact with someone who does that kind of work... but I have not heard from him on that either.  I just hope that I do not need to replace the entire window, because that will be very expensive.

In the photo above you can see that my front lawn looks terrible.  Putting in a new lawn was the other big project that I wanted to accomplish this year.  However I am doubtful that it will happen.  The landscaping company that I use relies on workers from Mexico for big jobs like this, and visas are not being issued.  We will see if the situation changes by autumn which is when I would want the new lawn put in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment