city at night

city at night

Friday, October 18, 2019

At Alejandro's House

As usual I spent the first couple nights in Mexico City at the home of Alejandro and his family before heading to the condo that I rent.

Yesterday Alejandro prepared us a tasty breakfast.  It was similar to a Spanish "tortilla española" or an Italian frittata... eggs mixed with chopped vegetables and covered with melted Manchego cheese.


After Alejandro left for work, I went to Walmart to do some grocery shopping, and then got to work preparing "la comida", the afternoon dinner.  I threw together something I have made before.  In fact, I might have written about it here previously.  I sautéed chopped peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini and garlic.  I cooked a bag of baby carrots and a bag of frozen peas, and threw that in.  Finally I added a bag of shredded chicken, and couple jars of Alfredo sauce.  I served it over  noodles.


When Ezra, Alejandro's little nephew, got home from school, he had two plates.  Then Sandra, Alejandro's sister and Ezra's mom, returned home from work, she had two plates too.  Then in the evening when Alejandro came home from the office, he had a large serving.  This always seems to be a popular dish with the family, perhaps because it is different from typical Mexican fare.

The only person who did not eat much was Alejandro's father.  He had an upset stomach and had no appetite all day long.  We are wondering if he might be feeling unwell because it was the birthday of his wife María Luisa who passed away almost two years ago.  Hopefully today he will feel better.  

Later this morning I will take the Metrobus to my condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment