city at night

city at night

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Revealing the Christmas Card

Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know that each year I paint a picture which I use as my Christmas card.  The painting is usually based on a photo which I have taken during the course of the year on one of my trips.  I sent my cards out the day after Thanksgiving.  By now I believe that everyone has received theirs (even my cousins and friends in Europe), so I will present to you now the holiday card for 2018 ...



Last August Alejandro and I took an excursion from Mexico City to Jalapa, the capital of the state of Veracruz.  We visited the nearby town of Coatepec, which is the center of one of Mexico's major coffee growing regions.  The painting shows the Church of San Jerónimo which faces the town square of Coatepec.

¡Feliz Navidad!

4 comments:

  1. I received my card yesterday. Lovely as always. Thanks for remembering me each year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you received the card. Have a wonderful holiday season!

      Delete
  2. Hola Bill,

    I hope you sent a card, but if not I understand. I'm not much good at sending them out. And in any case, I haven't seen my mail in months due to being here in California.

    The card is lovely, as always. I envy your talent as a painter. Hopefully you have a lovely Christmas.

    Saludos y un abrazo,

    Kim G
    Redding, CA
    Where the end of our time here is finally in sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't have your California address.
      Feliz Navidad!

      Delete