city at night

city at night

Friday, December 28, 2018

Christmas in Columbus

Last Sunday I drove down to Columbus... a two hour drive from where I live... and spent Christmas with family.  There I spent four festive days of good company and good food.  

On my last night, my sister-in-law Phyllis, her husband Jim, and I attended a concert by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Nationwide Arena.  Phyllis, because of her work with the Columbus Convention Center, received free tickets for the concert.  And they weren't for just any old seats... we were in one of the loges.  It was a new experience for me, and it was really cool.  I felt like a VIP.  An array of complimentary food and beverages were set out for us.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, if you are not familiar with them, is a symphonic rock band whose holiday program includes traditional Christmas songs and even classical pieces.  The performance is quite a spectacle with visual effects and a dazzling light show.

Here are a few photos that Jim took...

Phyllis and me 



  

Being an old fogey, my one complaint was that the volume was way too loud!  Otherwise it was a great finale to our holiday celebration.  Thank you, Phyllis!

No comments:

Post a Comment