city at night

city at night

Monday, July 11, 2016

But I Was Only Going to Buy a Few Things

This afternoon I went shopping.  I needed shoelaces, and I also wanted to get a couple things for my trip next month... a rain poncho (because Bergen, Norway, is notorious for its rainy weather), and a spray bottle of "wrinkle releaser" for my clothes.  Just three items.

I went to Target thinking that I would find everything there.  Indeed, I soon had my three items.  The "wrinkle releaser",  was located near the toiletries, and there I saw a small bottle of one of my favorite colognes.  Ah!  Small enough to fit into the "ziplock" bag of liquids that we are allowed in our carry-ons.  So I put that into the cart.  And I might as well pick up some "Just for Men".  (Yes, I confess to dying my moustache.)

Then I passed through the travel aisle.  Oh, perhaps I should buy an extra plug adapter for European outlets.  (On my last trip to Spain, I had left my adapter in the socket in the hotel room.  When I got to the next city, I had to go out and buy another.)  Into the cart!  And it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a spare lock for my suitcase.  Next I saw the compression socks that I always wear on long flights.  Well, after all the times that I have washed those socks, I wondered how much "compression" they had left in them.  Into the cart!
Speaking of "compression", there was a box of plastic bags for the clothes that you pack in your suitcase.  According to the box, you put your clothes into the bag, squeeze out the air, and... voila!... increase your luggage capacity up to 70%.  I'm a bit skeptical, but I thought I would give them a try.  If nothing else, they will come in handy for keeping the clean clothes separate from the dirty.

Then I passed through the men's clothing department.  I definitely do not need more clothes.  BUT... I saw a display of nice-looking, brand name trousers.  They are made from a very light, quick-drying, wrinkle resistant fabric.  They seem perfect for traveling.  They will take up much less room than jeans, and, if necessary, I can wash them out in the hotel sink.  So I bought three pairs... one in black, one in charcoal gray, and a third in navy blue.

At this point, I thought, "I need to get out of here!"

My three items ended up being three bags of stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment