city at night

city at night

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Garden Report




After a couple of dreary days of rain and chilly temperatures, the sun has returned and the temperature is beginning to return to normal.  I was able to get out and do some more work in the garden.  The large flower bed in the back is basically done (Well, it's never really done.  I still have to finish cleaning out the maple seeds, do another weeding, and apply Preen, which is fairly effective in keeping new weeds from sprouting.) 





One of my clematis is now in bloom.  Unfortunately it only blooms once.  I have another clematis which blooms repeatedly.



This flower is a variety of primrose, even though the foliage is nothing like the typical primrose.



I still have much to do.  I am still working on another bed which runs along the property line.  It is a shady area with lots of ferns and hostas.  The hostas have recovered from the munching that the deer did earlier this spring.  The deer repellant which I applied seems to be doing its job (fingers crossed).

4 comments:

  1. The clematis is exceptionally beautiful. No, gardening is never really done, but sure gives a lot of pleasure, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,, Barbara.
      Yes, I enjoy gardening, but after working 6 hours a day in the garden, I am really tired.

      Delete
  2. Your gahden looks mahvellous, dahling!!!!

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Bahston, MA
    Where we get lots of compliments on our front garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. Parts of it are looking good... other parts are still a weedy mess. I keep plodding along, poco a poco.
      ¡Saludos!

      Delete