city at night

city at night

Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Birthday Celebration

This past week I was invited by my sister-in-law Phyllis and her husband Jim to spend a couple days at their home in Columbus, Ohio.  So on Thursday I made the two hour drive down to Columbus.

On the first evening we went to an outdoor concert  of the Columbus Pro-Musica Chamber Orchestra at Franklin Park.  It was a beautiful summer evening, and the concert was very nice.



 
After nightfall, the Franklin Park Conservatory is illuminated in changing colors.
A wonderful setting for an evening of music.
 
 
The reason for the invitation was to celebrate the August birthdays in the family...  my birthday and the birthday of Monika, another family member.  The next evening we went out for supper. 
 
 
 
Monika and I were made to wear silly hats.
Behind us, is Barbara, my other sister-in-law.
 
It was a lovely time, and my thanks go out to Phyllis for her hospitality and for organizing a couple of very enjoyable days in Columbus!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! The hats do look silly but the picture shows that y'all had a wonderful time celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Tino. It was a fun time (in spite of the hats!).
      Saludos

      Delete