city at night

city at night

Friday, April 25, 2014

Future travels

I have only just returned home from Mexico City, but I am already getting ready my next trip.  At the end of May I will be leaving for Europe.  My sister-in-law has been talking for the last couple years about going to Spain, with me as her personal tour guide and interpreter.  We will visit Madrid, Segovia (my favorite town in Spain), Valencia, and Barcelona.  We will then take the train to Paris and spend five days there. (I've never been there before.)  After she returns home, I will continue via the "chunnel" train to London.  I figured as long as I am on that side of the pond, I might as well visit my English cousins.

While I was in Mexico City, I received an e-mail from Werner, my Swiss cousin who lives in Madrid, inviting me to come to his birthday party in September.  I'm not sure how old Werner is, but I suspect it must be a major milestone since he is planning on a big, weekend-long celebration with some of his family coming from Switzerland for the event.

My first reaction was, "Two trips to Europe in one year?  I really need to stay at home once in a while."  But upon reflection, I think I will go, and several friends have said, "Why not?"  I guess I have reached the age where I realize that I only have a finite number of years where I will have the good health (knock on wood) and energy to travel.  In twenty years I might not be physically able to travel so much.  So I might as well stop worrying about things that should be done around the house, or the fact that this summer I won't be going crazy with my flower gardens.  I'll soon be packing my bags again!   

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious. ENJOY! Paris makes my heart sing..........visual beauty everywhere I looked! I've not been to Spain. I'll have to live to 150 to see everything I want to see.....
    ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. I love Spain as much as I love Mexico... but Mexico is a lot closer and a lot less expensive. I hope I get by with my few polite phrases in French.

      Delete