Independence Day

Independence Day

Saturday, August 10, 2024

The Video Producer Is Back

Back when I was in Ohio, I would create a DVD of photos and videos for almost every trip that I took.  Those DVDs, nearly 70 of them, are now with me here in Mexico in the media storage cabinet, one of the few pieces of furniture that I had shipped down.


 I created the DVDs with a video program that I had purchased for my desktop back in Ohio.  However, I did not bring the desktop down here, just my laptop.  Last month, I finally got around to investigating whether or not that same program was for sale online.  Indeed, it was, and they were offering a 30-day free trial.  I decided to take the trial first to make sure that it worked, and I downloaded the program to my laptop.  There were new features, which I still have not looked at, but the basic procedure of creating a DVD is still the same.  I started creating a slide / video show of my pictures from the Day of the Dead last year.  You can put in background music, and I had all the music files that I used to use saved on a flash drive.  I spent several hours organizing the pictures and accompanying them with appropriate music.  


Once I had created the show, the next step was to burn it onto a disc.  Laptops nowadays do not have a built-in disc drive (DVDs and CDs are so passé), so before I made the move to Mexico, I had purchased an external disc drive.  Since I had not used it to burn a disc, I was keeping my fingers crossed that it would work.  I plugged the disc drive into the laptop, inserted a DVD, and on my video program, I clicked "Burn disc".  It seemed to work.  But the ultimate test was to see if it would play on my TV.  I put the disc in my DVD player, and... voila... the video was playing!



Now, all that is left to do is have Alejandro print off a photo that I will use as the cover for the DVD case.

As soon as the project was successfully completed, I went online and purchased the video program.  I will now be able to make a DVD of my upcoming trip to Germany and Switzerland! 

No comments:

Post a Comment