Independence Day

Independence Day

Friday, August 2, 2024

Leaving on a Jet Plane

This evening, Alejandro will be boarding a flight from Mexico City International Airport to Guadalajara, Mexico's second largest city.

(image taken from the internet)

One of Alejandro's cousins lives in Guadalajara, and his two daughters are having their first communion tomorrow.  We will attend the mass and the party afterward.  We will have Sunday on our own, and we will be able to see some of the sights of the city.

I have only been to Guadalajara once, and that was many years ago.  The city was part of the itinerary for one of the trips that I organized for my students.  I am looking forward to revisiting this city, known as "The Pearl of the West",

2 comments:

  1. It is so lovely. At one point in the 80's I thought I would retire there since I exported so much from the artesans in Tonala, Tlaquepaque, etc. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, my first impression of Guadalajara tonight was not very favorable. I'll write about it in my next post.

      Delete