from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, August 1, 2020

"Popo" at Dawn

One reader of this blog, my former student Meredith, said that she is fascinated by volcanoes, and that I should continue posting webcam photos of the Mexican volcano Popocatépetl.  So here are some pictures of the smoking mountain from this morning at the dawning of another month.


6:24 A.M. as seen from Tianguismanalco



6:35 A.M. as seen from San Nicolás de los Ranchos



6:38 A.M. as seen from Tlamacas



6:44 A.M. as seen from Amecameca



6:58 A.M. as seen from the city of Puebla.  (The volcano "Izta" is visible at the far right.)

6 comments:

  1. Is this an unusual length of time for it to be erupting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Meredith, It is not usual, there is even a 'yellow' alert in the surroundings due to the danger of explosions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every now and then I test to see if my comments will post... here goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked. I posted using my Google account, Will. I tried replying to my own comment using the Name/URL option but that did not work. Do you think all my comments have gotten entangled in a Moderator function or Junk Mail section somewhere?

      Well anyway, I do now have a means of commenting. I should have tried this earlier...

      Delete
    2. Hurray! Glad you will now be able to comment here. As I told you, for quite a while I was unable comment on your blog until I signed up for a Disqus account. The way my blog is set up, I do not have to approve comments, and I have to delete the occasional spam comments myself. Anyway, welcome back to my small but elite group of commenters

      Delete