city at night

city at night

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Greetings from 1959

 I have made a small start at a gargantuan task... cleaning out the attic.  My goal is to go through one box each day, and dump most of the contents in the garbage.  Of course, such a task takes one down memory lane.

In one box I found a half dozen postcards from San Francisco, California.  They most certainly date back to 1959 when my mother took me on a trip West.  Disneyland had opened a few years before, and I had been bugging my parents to take me there.  My dad only had one week of vacation time, and my mom was afraid of flying.  So she took her inheritance from her parents, and she and I went to California by train on the Santa Fe Super Chief.  We saw the sights in Los Angeles including three days at Disneyland.  We then took the train up the California coast to San Francisco where we spent several days.  

This postcard of one of the famous San Francisco cable cars is still in pretty good condition.


The next time that I send a postcard to Ezra, I will send him this.


No comments:

Post a Comment