city at night

city at night

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Rescheduling Again

It has been nearly five months since I have been on a plane... the longest stretch of time that I have not traveled in quite a few years.  

I still had flight reservations to go to Mexico in August.  Obviously with the virus still going strong in both the U.S. and in Mexico, I have no intention of traveling.  The airline is allowing passengers to reschedule their flights without penalty, so yesterday I went to the website and changed the departure date to January when I generally take a winter trip.  

I also have reservations for the trip that I always take in October / November around the Day of the Dead.  But I suspect that I will have to reschedule that trip also.  I really will not feel safe traveling until this virus abates (unlikely) or there is a vaccine.  I fear for my own safety, and even more I fear that I might carry the bug to Alejandro's home.  So, I will continue to reschedule my flights, until at some point I feel comfortable and safe to travel once again.  

2 comments:

  1. The Health Minister in Mexico said yesterday that he does think the virus will be gone until next April! I can't even wrap my mind around that.......I thought by now we would have hit the peak, but if anything, it seems to be more rampant around us. We are still holding tight here in SMA BUT hotels and b&b's are scheduled to open on Wednesday. That will be a death knell here when tourists can return. Oh my. I shall stay hunkered down for as long as it takes.....I think.
    So sorry you had to reschedule your reservations but it was the wise thing to do........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll just keep rescheduling my reservations until I feel safe traveling... which I suspect will not be until they have a vaccine. I hope that it will be safe to go down there by next April for Alejandro's birthday.
      Yes, I fear that San Miguel will see a spike once the tourists start returning.
      Ohio is seeing a surge. It's not as bad as some states, but there are over 1000 new cases each day. Last week the Governor ordered that masks be worn indoors at all businesses in the more urban counties. I took my car in for service today, and there were several people without masks. I get so infuriated by the ignorance of some people.
      Stay safe!

      Delete