city at night

city at night

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Getting Ready for Christmas


If you have been following my blog for several years, you know that each year I paint a picture, usually based on my travels, which I use for my Christmas card.  I generally do my painting in the summer, and then I have the cards printed well ahead of time so that I have them all made out and ready to send by the end of November.  

Although I haven't done much travel this year, last year I took several trips.  Even before the pandemic had begun, I had decided on the scene that I was going to paint.  I finished the picture more than a month ago, but yesterday I took it to the printer.  I will probably have the cards in a couple of weeks.

Of course, the subject of the painting remains a secret until the cards are sent out.



Here is last year's card, a street scene in the picturesque Mexico City neighborhood of Coyoacán.


What will this year's card be?


You will have to wait until December to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment