from airplane

from airplane

Friday, July 17, 2020

Almost... But Not Quite... Completed

Two weeks had passed and no one had come to complete work on the new siding and gutters on my house.  Finally on Tuesday, when we had a respite from the heat, a guy came and installed the new gutters and downspouts.


The owner of the company also showed up, and I pointed out some issues that I had with the work, mainly with the trim work around the windows and doors.  Yesterday, one of the workers came out and took care of those problems.

The remaining work to be done is around the large picture window in the front of the house.


I wrote earlier that they had found that some of the wooden framework at the bottom of the window was rotten, and they did not know if it would be necessary to replace the entire window.  The owner of the company talked with someone from a window business.  That person said that the wood could simply be replaced.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are able to delicately remove the wood without shattering the window!

No comments:

Post a Comment