from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Open House

Every time that Alejandro comes for a visit, all of my friends want to see him.  We end up having a very busy social schedule, a whirlwind of dinner engagements with different friends almost every night.  This time I decided to simplify things by having everyone over to the house on Sunday.  (Actually, I don't know if "simplify" is the right work, since having a big gathering at my home involved quite a bit of planning and work!) 

I invited 35 people to my "open house".  I was checking the weather forecast daily, and keeping my fingers crossed that people could be outside.  Thirty five people all in the house would be a tight squeeze.  At first the forecast called for a 20% probability of rain, but as the week progressed the percentage rose until they were predicting a 60% chance of afternoon thunderstorms.  Alejandro and I set up an old canopy I had from when I used to do outdoor art shows.

Sunday began warm and sunny.  Alejandro and I went to the grocery store to pick up the party trays I had ordered.  My sister-in-law Phyllis and her husband Jim, and my friend Frank arrived early to help out with the last minute preparations.  Thank you so much for your assistance!!  By the time that the guests were arriving it was overcast.   The weather looked threatening, but fortunately we only had a few minutes of light sprinkles.

The party was a success, and I think everyone had a good time.



   Alejandro with my nephew Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment