zocalo

zocalo

Friday, November 17, 2023

An Unexpected Dinner for Two

Thursday afternoon is now when the cleaning lady comes to clean the apartment each week.  I wanted to get out of her way, so I took a long walk and ran some errands along the way.  Knowing that it takes her several hours, I also planned to have dinner out instead of preparing something in the kitchen while she tries to clean.  I planned to go to "El Cardenal" just a couple of blocks away from the apartment.  

I was on my way back and had reached the "colonia" just to the north of Nápoles, where the apartment is located.  Suddenly my cell phone rang.  It was Alejandro.  Ever since the beginning of the pandemic he has been working from the family house, but that day he had to drop something off at the office.  And the office just happens to be located a few blocks from the apartment.

"Where are you?" he asked.

"I'm in Escandón, and I'm on my way to "El Cardenal" for dinner.  Do you want to join me?"

"Sure," he said.  There were plenty of leftovers at the house from the day before, so he didn't have to get home and prepare dinner for his father, sister and nephew.

Alejandro had to run to the bank, so I got to "El Cardenal" first and asked for a table for two.

We had to laugh when we saw the soups that were listed on the seasonal menu.  One of them was cream of pumpkin, so, after all the pumpkin pies that Alejandro had baked, both of us had to try the soup.


There must have been some sort of mental telepathy going on, because both of us also ordered the same entrée... salmon in mango sauce.



 It was a lovely surprise to have a mid-week dinner out with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment