zocalo

zocalo

Thursday, November 16, 2023

A Pair of Paintings

A couple days ago, I wrote about the Sunday art market held in Mexico City's Parque Sullivan, and I showed you a small painting that I had purchased.

Several years ago, I bought another painting by the same artist, Domingo Hernández.  Here are the two of them together.


The older painting, the one to the bottom, is of a maguey plant, a type of agave which is very typical of the rural highland areas of central Mexico.

I will have these framed, and then hang them together in the guest bedroom of my apartment.

4 comments:

  1. Love both of them! Will look lovely in your new home! His style is superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am debating whether I should buy another one of his small pieces to add to the grouping.

      Delete
    2. Three is much more interesting.

      Delete
    3. We'll see whether or not I get back to the art market in the near future.

      Delete