city at night

city at night

Monday, June 22, 2020

Pad Thai Revisited

A couple weeks ago I wrote about my unsuccessful attempt to replicate Alejandro's recipe for "pad Thai".  The jar of sweet and sour sauce that I used was simply not a good substitute for the tamarind syrup which he uses as the base for his sauce.

On my last trip to the supermarket I noticed that they had Thai peanut sauce as well as rice noodles.  So I decided to give it another try.

  

The result was still not exactly like Alejandro's "pad Thai" nor like the "pad Thai" that I have had in restaurants.  However, this was much tastier than my previous attempt.  It was also much spicier.  If I make it again... and I probably will... I will not bother adding a couple of chopped jalapeños to the stir fried vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment