city at night

city at night

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

A Big Project

While I am busy working on the garden, another big project is going on.  Yesterday work began on new siding for my house.

With the exception of the addition at the back of the house, the aluminum siding dates back to 1975... so it is definitely due for a replacement.  The workers (actually one worker and his assistant) are finishing the removal of the old siding as I write this.




Under the foil insulation on the old part of the house I could get a glimpse of the original wooden siding.  I had forgotten what color the house was back in 1975; it was light gray.  The new siding will be white vinyl, the same color as previously.

Since it is a small crew working on the project, it is going to be a while before the job is complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment