Independence Day

Independence Day

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

"Fliegen mit Lufthansa" (Flying with Lufthansa)

 

(Image taken from the internet)

This evening, I will take a flight from Mexico City to Frankfurt on Lufthansa the national airline of Germany.

The last time that I flew to Europe was in 2019.  I had decided that for once in my life I was going to splurge and travel business or first class on a trans-Atlantic flight.  My trip on Swiss International Airlines to Zurich was great.  

I looked at the prices for business and first class on Lufthansa, and they seem to have gone up quite a bit.  However, I did splurge a bit, and I booked a seat in what they call "Premium Economy".  I figured that it would be something like United Airlines' "Economy Plus" in which the seats have more leg room.

A couple days ago I received an email from Lufthansa which included information on the amenities of "Premium Economy".  From the picture, it looks as if their "Premium Economy" is as comfortable as first class on a domestic United Airlines flight.


The seats offer 50% more room, not just in legroom but also in width.  Instead of a configuration of three seats, there are just two seats.  The seats supposedly recline in such a way that they do not infringe on the space of the passenger behind you.  There is also a nice screen in front of you for viewing in-flight entertainment.  I was also able to preview the menu for supper and breakfast (which are served on fine china, not plastic).  Interestingly, the meals are Mexican rather than German.

While it is not the luxury of my business class flight in 2019, it looks as if it will be a comfortable flight to Germany.

My next post will be from Frankfurt!

Auf wiedersehen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment