flowers

flowers

Friday, June 30, 2023

Smokey Ohio

 It is rather ironic.  A month ago, before my last trip to Mexico, I was worried about the eruption of the volcano Popocatépetl.  I feared that the air would be filled with volcanic ash.  Now I have returned to Ohio, and the air quality here has been at unhealthy levels due to the wildfires in Canada.

Yesterday morning, my first day back in Ohio, I looked out the window and could see that the air was hazy.  This was not morning mist, but smoke from the fires.  Later in the afternoon, when I went grocery shopping, it was still noticeable.  In fact, it seemed smoggier than most days in Mexico City, which is infamous for its air pollution.  A couple of friends told me that it had been much worse the day before.


This morning the air looks clearer, although, according to the weather forecast, there is still an air quality alert.  This weekend we are supposed to have thunderstorms, so that should temporarily clean the air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment