from airplane

from airplane

Friday, June 23, 2023

Above the Pyramids

I have not been with my former student Megan and her husband John since Monday.  Friends of theirs arrived on Tuesday to join them, and they have been doing their own thing.  Yesterday they did something that I, even after my countless trips to Mexico City, have never done.  They took a hot air balloon ride over the archaeological site of Teotihuacan.  The ruins of this ancient city, which was at one time the largest city in the Americas, are located about 30 miles to the north of Mexico City. 

They had to get up at 4:00 in the morning and were transported to a site near the ruins, where they got into the balloon.  They ascended at dawn for a ride over Teotihuacan.  Afterwards, they were given a tour (on the ground) of the archaeological site.  Megan said that it was an amazing experience.  Here are a couple of photos that she took...


Floating over the Pyramid of the Sun
Look at all the other balloons.  I didn't realize that there were that many tour operators doing the hot air balloon excursion.



Hovering over the Pyramid of the Moon

Megan and John return home tomorrow, but this evening Alejandro and I are getting together with them to do something else that I have never done in Mexico City before.  It should be fun!


2 comments:

  1. Megan always finds neat things to do when she travels! What a great photo of all the hot air balloons! I can't wait to hear about your next adventure! (She did tell me what it is, so I'm looking forward to reading your report!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Megan and John are going to make another trip to Mexico City in the future, so that I can give them a full-fledged tour. And, of course, I am looking forward to showing you and Chuck all the sights too. (ALL the sights?... well, no... it would take months to show you everything this city has to offer.)

      Delete