city at night

city at night

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Rescheduling Game

During this pandemic, United Airlines has allowed customers to reschedule their flights without any penalty, and that's the game that I have been playing since March.

I usually travel four times a year to Mexico...  January / February, April, August, and October / November.  When I last returned from Mexico in February, shortly before the pandemic began in earnest, I already had my flight reservations for the April and August trips.  I had taken advantage of some good prices and had booked far in advance.  By late March it was obvious that my April trip was impossible, and I rescheduled it for the trip that I always take around the Day of the Dead with a departure date of October 14th.  My plans to be in Mexico for my birthday in August also collapsed.  That trip was rescheduled for winter of 2021.  

Yesterday I went to the United Airlines website and played the rescheduling game again.  My upcoming October / November reservations have been switched to April, 2021.  

I have doubts that my winter trip, beginning on January 12th, will occur.  However, I hope that by April the situation will have improved sufficiently, and that there will be a vaccine, so that I can finally return to Mexico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment