city at night

city at night

Friday, October 5, 2018

The Last of the Flowers

There is no sign of frost in the forecast.  In fact the temperature is supposed to go up to an unseasonable 80 degrees at the beginning of next week.  Nevertheless, for the last week I have been chopping down my perennial gardens.  It is something that has to be done before I leave for Mexico in eleven days regardless of whether or not we have a frost.  

I have a few autumn bloomers, however, which I did not chop down...


Asters




Anemones




The tiny orchid-like blossoms of the toad lily


Wasn't it just the other day when I was cleaning up the flower beds in spring?

1 comment:

  1. I just threw out my last Toad Lily bouquet. We cut that part of the garden down last week. Those little beauties are worth waiting for until Fall.

    ReplyDelete