city at night

city at night

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Flying Down to Mexico




Yesterday morning I was at Cleveland Airport by 7:00 to catch my 9:00 flight to Houston.  Cleveland is usually a very tranquil airport, but on my last trip and again on this trip the line waiting to go through security was long and rather disorganized.  They were letting people get into the TSA-Pre line even without authorization on the boarding pass.  I was one of those who lucked out, which means I didn't have to take off my shoes or pull my laptop or liquids out of my bag.  However, after passing my carry-ons through the X-ray, the TSA person had to inspect my roller-bag.  I fully expected that because I was carrying a box of homemade fudge for Alejandro's family, and that always arouses their suspicions.  This time, however, she also  inspected my backpack.  The two books that I was carrying looked suspicious on the X-ray image.  That was the extent of the drama for the day.  My flights went smoothly, leaving and arriving on time.  



When my plane landed in Mexico City, I called Alejandro to see if he was on his way to the airport to pick me up.  He was still in the office, so, knowing Mexico City traffic, I figured it would be a while before he got there.  The line waiting to go through immigration was very long.  It took about 40 minutes from the time that I got in line to the time that I had passed through immigration.  I had no luggage to pick up, and customs was a snap.  An officer simply asked me where I was from and waved me through.  I figured that I had time to go to the restroom, but as I was finishing, my cell phone rang.  It was Alejandro.  He was at the arrivals gate and was wondering where I was. 

Alejandro drove me to his house, and I am spending a couple nights there before I go to my apartment.

So, here I am, back for another month in Mexico City!

No comments:

Post a Comment