city at night

city at night

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Another Concert

As I mentioned in my last post, on Saturday I attended a Cleveland Orchestra concert.  On Sunday I received a call from my friend Irma (I have written about her in several entries here).  She had an extra ticket for a choral concert at the Baldwin Wallace Conservatory of Music, and asked me if I would like to go.  Of course, I said yes.


Baldwin Wallace University is located about 10 minutes from my house in Berea, Ohio, and is my alma mater.  (Back then it was called Baldwin Wallace College.)  The university's music department is highly regarded, and the school is home to the oldest collegiate Bach Festival in the nation.  

Sunday night's concert was a performance by the Baldwin Wallace Men's Chorus.  If you look closely at the photo below, you might notice that not all of singers look like college students.  That is because members of the community may also audition to be a part of the chorus.


For the second half of the concert, the Men's Chorus from Bowling Green State University, south of Toledo, Ohio.


To conclude the concert the two choruses joined forces along with a number of chorus alumni from the audience and sang a rousing number by Edvard Grieg.


It was an enjoyable evening of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment