city at night

city at night

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Spanish Supper

After visiting the exhibit of Spanish art on Thursday, it was only fitting that I should go to a Spanish restaurant for supper.

A short walk from my apartment is a Spanish restaurant called "Puerto Getaria".  I have never gone there because I rarely see anyone eating there... usually not a good sign.  However all the reviews I read about the place were good, so I decided to give it a try.

The maître d was rather snooty, but my waiter was pleasant and efficient.  I ordered a glass of sangría, and the "potaje de lentejas"... lentil soup... to begin.  It was very tasty.


  

For my main course I ordered the "róbalo a la vasca"... sea bass Basque style.  I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the waiter's description of the dish, because it was served with clams.  I do not care for shellfish, however the sea bass and the sauce in which it was served were delicious.




For dessert I had "crema catalana" which is the Spanish version of creme brulee, a cream custard with a top crust of caramelized sugar.


It was a very elegant meal.  The price was high by Mexican standards... 700 pesos or around 35 U.S. dollars.  However, it was a high quality meal and worth the price.  It is not someplace that I would go to on a daily basis, but I would return here for a splurge dinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment