city at night

city at night

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Poblano Peppers

Earlier this summer I planted a poblano pepper in a large pot and set it out on the patio.  By the time I returned from Mexico, the plant had grown a great deal and was full of small peppers.


Even though the peppers grow larger, I was eager to pick the biggest of the peppers on the plant.


The "chiles poblanos" are, of course, the peppers which are used in my favorite dish, "chiles en nogada",   However, that is a very complicated and time-consuming recipe.  I was not about to go through all that work for just one small poblano.  So I stuffed it with a mixture of canned chicken breast, sautéed onions and cheese and put it in the oven.  I wasn't "chiles en nogada", but it was quite tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment