from airplane

from airplane

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Peanut Tacos and Pancakes

On Sunday, I went with Alejandro to visit his favorite aunt and uncle.  We had dinner there, and, as is usual in any Mexican household, there were plenty of tortillas, wrapped in a cloth to keep them warm.  There was also a tray of nuts on the table.  Then I saw something I had never seen before.  First one of the cousins, and then Alejandro, grabbed a tortilla, put some peanuts on it, spooned some salsa on top, rolled it up, and ate it as a taco.  So I followed suit, and I can tell you that a peanut taco is quite tasty.

I spent Sunday night at Alejandro's home.  Monday morning, his little nephew Ezra wanted to make pancakes.  (He loves making pancakes, with his uncle's close supervision of course.)  Alejandro told him that it takes quite a bit of time, and that he had to go to work.  But Ezra insisted.  He said, "Bill is here, and he is always cooking for us. I want to make pancakes for him." So, the heck with getting to the office on time... Alejandro helped his nephew prepare pancakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment